Physiotherapy (FTL — physiotherapy treatment) is a method of treatment using physical or natural factors: electric current, magnetic field, light, sound, heat, etc. Physiotherapy is prescribed for a vast range of indications:
- Pain syndrome after injuries and operations due to degenerative diseases of the joints, spine, muscles, etc.;
- violation of muscle tone (spastic, hypotension);
- circulatory disorders (local or systemic);
- sensitivity disorders;
- inflammatory diseases;
- diseases of internal organs;
- recovery after intense exercise;
- chronic fatigue syndrome;
- neurotic and depressive disorders.
Physiotherapy begins with an examination of the patient. During the first visit, the physiotherapist examines the results of medical research, conducts an examination, and talks with the patient. Please note that pelvic floor physical therapy is carried out only as prescribed by a doctor. This may be a neurologist, orthopedist, therapist, pediatrician, or psychotherapist.